February 14, 2016

Valentine's Day, friends and nail polish!


Hello! It is Valentines' Day today. A strange day and it has made me think about the people I love and consider friends. A person I considered a close friend vanished from my life recently. I was so concerned that I considered reporting her as a missing person but then realised it would be a ridiculous thing to do. She was someone I'd only spoken to via the internet. Today she made contact and nothing she said makes any sense at all. I cannot fathom it and now I don't want to.

Enough.

So today I have used one of my favourite brands, Lynnderella, and chosen the polish called 'Do Not Drink'. I remember pink paraffin being available from garage forecourts when I was a kid and I am sure it had a warning label advising us not to drink it! I have failed to capture the majesty of this polish. It has a red finish crammed with magenta, violet and pink sparks. There is even a smattering of holographic sparkles too. 

This is blurry on purposes to try to capture the sparkles. It glows in real life but the camera needs to be out of focus to see the impact. You can see the blue/violet sparks here. I painted two accent nails of the Lynnderella over a base of a CBL Oops purple holographic polish. 























If you are reading, then I'd love your comments, feedback is always appreciated. I am not a nail technician or a photographer! I do not claim to have fantastic nails. I simply own some fabulous polishes and have some fabulous friends who help me find them! I use an iPhone 5S to take my pictures. 

all rights reserved - www.lacquerland.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add comments here, feedback is appreciated.
I have taken the spam verification off but this means I have to check every comment before it is published!