February 16, 2015

My OPI Designer Series: OPI DS 004 and 005: Couture and Divine

Hello
More from the OPI DS Collection today, DS Couture and DS Divine.

Both are slightly stinky but beautiful linear holographic polishes. It is a shame that these are consecutive numbers as they are quite similar; one falls on the orange side of the pink line and the other is definitely on the pink side!
Couture is fairly fluid and paints well. It is an orange toned pink (or a pink toned orange...) and it has a lovely flame. I found it dried quickly. Divine is a thicker polish and is more tricky to apply as the second coat seemed to drag a little. It took longer to dry and was susceptible to dinting for some time after.

As you can see from the picture below, the polishes are close in colour and a passing non nail person might not notice I had two different colours on my hand. The difference between the two is more noticeable in natural daylight; under lamp light the colours seem close.
 
 
Close ups of both colours shows the holo effect and that the shades are quite different.
Some DS polishes are still available from retail sellers of OPI but the two shown here are long discontinued and will have to be found in eBay or Facebook sale pages.
 
If you are reading, then I'd love your comments, feedback is always appreciated. I am not a nail technician or a photographer! I do not claim to have fantastic nails. I simply own some fabulous polishes!
all rights reserved - www.lacquerland.co.uk
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add comments here, feedback is appreciated.
I have taken the spam verification off but this means I have to check every comment before it is published!