January 15, 2013

China Glaze Tree Hugger, Vermelho Prince Frog & Ninja No Peeking


Hello from Lacquer Land!
Not many words today, I have a cold and a sinus headache! My cuticles and nails are not feeling well either so not looking at their best.


China Glaze Tree Hugger is the base colour on my nails today. It has a wonderful texture, goes on like a dream and dries quickly. Everything we have come to expect from this brand. The colour is not as vibrant as I expected, almost a fresh pea green. There is a shimmer to this polish, the particles being so tiny they are almost impossible to see.  An excellent polish in every respect especially as I bought it for £2 brand new in a sale.
Vermelho polish is from Brazil. They are super sparkly and full of glitters. They are quite thick, and maybe it  will need some drops of thinners soon. It applied well but I had to take care to make sure it was even all over my nail. It dried reasonably quickly for a such a full glittery polish. The glitter is a mix of greens, blues and yellows. It has a good scattered holographic effect.



Thank you for my Westie dog, TinTin, for allowing me to rest my hand on his back whilst taking these pictures

At first I used Vermelho Prince Frog as a ring finger accent. After two coats of Inm Out the Door it was   smooth and fairly glossy.

It is a thirsty glitter though and perhaps a coat of a  glitter specific topcoat such as Lynnderella Glitter Tamer or Nail Polish Boldness Glitter Food would have given better results with one coat?

Removal is quite easy for such a dense glitter. I bought these from Marcia Lima. They are reasonably priced at $6 but shipping from Brazil to the UK is shocking. They took about 10 days to arrive. Sadly one polish didn't survive the journey. It was impractical to ship just one to replace it but Marcia did refund me for the polish.
Just for fun a little while later, I painted Ninja Polish No Peeking over the polish. You can see the Prince Frog sparkle through.

Although this is a Christmas colour, I think it is fine for any day of the year!

You can see the star on my nail. The Ninja polish is full of gold holographic stars. I had three stars on the other ring finger but I can't take steady photos on that hand!

It is absolutely crammed full of green glitter in a clear base, with some red, light blue and gold square glitters. Like gifts hidden in the tree. Perhaps that's why it has the name 'No Peeking'.

China Glaze polish is widely available
Ninja Polish available from ninjapolish.com
Vermelho is available from Marcia Lima., email: marcialima2608@yahoo.com.br.

This blog is for my own entertainment and everything shown has been paid for by me! 

If you are reading, then you are welcome to comment and feedback is always appreciated. I am not a nail technician, or a photographer!  Nor do I claim to have fantastic nails. 
I simply own some fabulous polishes!

all rights reserved - www.lacquerland.co.uk


1 comment:

  1. Love the Ninja polish. Love the blogs, keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete

Please add comments here, feedback is appreciated.
I have taken the spam verification off but this means I have to check every comment before it is published!